Jan 29, 2014, 5:12 PM PST
Rumors of a Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton feud are greatly exaggerated. The two up-and-coming NFL quarterbacks will be sharing the stage as co-hosts of Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards on February 17.
The last time these two shared a national stage, Kaepernick famously stole Newton’s signature “Superman” touchdown celebration. Of course, Kaepernick downplayed the incident.
“Just a little shout out,” said Kaepernick, after beating Newton and the Panthers in the postseason.
Cartoon Network is clearly hoping to capitalize on the budding rivalry between the two young quarterbacks. Perhaps it will lead to some interesting exchanges. Kaepernick is known to be a man of few words.
“I’m looking forward to sharing the stage with Cam as host this year,” said Kaepernick in a press release. “We’ve both made appearances at past shows, but taking over as hosts? Let’s just say we’re going to take it to another level.”
In the past, the show has been hosted by Tony Hawk, Shaquille O’Neil and Nick Cannon. Fans vote to determine the winners of categories that include sports, fashion, professional wrestling, and cartoons.
“While both of us are newcomers to hosting, we’re both high-energy guys, ready to get down to business,” Newton said in the release. “We’re going to be surrounded by so many sports, TV and movie icons, that this show is guaranteed to be the best one yet.”
Kaepernick is up for a style award, and the Golden State Warriors are up against the Seattle Seahawks for an award that honors the best sports fan base. It could get a bit awkward if the Seahawks win that one.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A rare glimpse inside the Raiders' Equipment Room
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Stephen Curry is balling in Beijing with a shot beyond halfcourt
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Pete Carroll lauds Colin Kaepernick protest, which Seahawks nixed visit for
- Juan Toscano-Anderson's Oakland protest draws Steph Curry, other Warriors
- Warriors' Steph Curry continues activism with police brutality protest
- Aaron Rodgers shades Drew Brees, says NFL protests 'NEVER' about flag
- Giants coach Justin Viele recalls Mike Yastrzemski calling MLB shot
- Kings have chance to make playoffs when NBA season returns
- 49ers' Richard Sherman speaks from experience in revealing police problem
- Raiders shut out of Pro Football Focus' top 50 NFL player rankings
- Raiders' iconic Al Davis Memorial Torch debuts at Allegiant Stadium
- The Giants Insider Podcast: Hitting coach Justin Viele
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|