Jan 30, 2014, 1:57 PM PST
Joey Chestnut gets most of the headlines in the world of competitive eating, but don’t sleep on San Jose native Matt Stonie. The 21-year-old posted a video on Wednesday that is on the verge of going viral, and for good reason.
Just BEFORE checking out of a hotel room, Stonie decided to chug an entire two-liter bottle of soda without burping. It’s a feat that he tried once before without success, but this time, he pulled it off. Near the end of the attempt, you can see the pain on his face and the tears forming in his eyes as he notices how much foam is left in the bottle.
At the conclusion of the chug, Stonie left very little question as to how he earned his “Megatoad” nickname. When he finally did burp, it likely shook the Earth. You’ll want to stay to the end to see it.
Competitive eating doesn’t get taken seriously as a sport, but it’s a true testament to mind over matter. Even chugging a can of soda is an unpleasant experience. Two liters must burn like crazy and that’s not even accounting for the carbonation. Ugh.
Stonie has documented many of his cringe-worthy feats on YouTube and has over 100,000 subscribers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Recent NFL draft history suggests Raiders should be wary of first-round WRs
- 2020 NFL Draft profile: CeeDee Lamb could fill Emmanuel Sanders' 49ers role
- One thing Steve Kerr, Warriors always looking for when building roster
- 49ers' Fred Warner using Super Bowl loss as offseason training motivation
- How Mike Fiers rewarded Jurickson Profar, Ramon Laureano for no-hitter
- Will Clark recalls historic debut against Nolan Ryan
- 49ers' George Kittle recalls meeting The Rock before Super Bowl LIV
- How Gabe Kapler, Giants coaches are getting work done during MLB hiatus
- Kings players provide meals to locals in need during coronavirus pandemic
- Tom Brady discusses 'partying' days at Serra High School in San Mateo
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|