Jan 31, 2014, 9:43 AM PST
The Golden State Warriors’ San Francisco arena proposal has hit another snag. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, it will cost the Warriors twice as much as anticipated to repair the two piers the arena will sit on. Here’s an excerpt from the article by John Cote:
The projected cost just to fix the crumbling piers, currently used as a parking lot with magnificent views of the Bay Bridge, is now $180 million. That’s roughly double the original figure the team estimated when it announced in May 2012 that it wanted to move from Oakland.
The Warriors are unlikely to meet their original goal of having the arena completed by 2017.
Meanwhile, Warriors fans have a happy distraction. It’s easy to simply let the ownership worry about the price of fixing the piers when the on-court product is so legit. The Warriors stomped the rival Los Angeles Clippers at Oracle Arena on Thursday night, and did this in the process:
(GIF via Bleacher Report)
— Speaking of the Warriors, San Francisco Giants closer Sergio Romo took over their Twitter account last night.
— The San Jose Earthquakes are ushering in a new era with slick new logos. Check out this photo from the unveiling:
— Colin Kaepernick has broken his media silence, and he’s making headlines in bulk. 49ers insider Matt Maiocco documented Kap’s chats. Kap explained why he runs more in the playoffs, Kap fired back at Richard Sherman, and Kap talked about the 49ers’ salary cap.
Time for some non Kaepernick related links from around the nation.
Field of Links:
— REJOICE! There will be a Sharknado 2!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Aldon Smith not labeling self as 'victim' is great sign of growth
- Nets players free of coronavirus symptoms, but Kevin Durant might be delayed
- WATCH: A's pitcher Sean Manaea tosses first career no-hitter
- Steph Curry explains how he's above average in 'Tour de Warriors' race
- Sharks' Stefan Noesen dealing with extra uncertainty in coronavirus pandemic
- NFL rumors: Aldon Smith, Cowboys agree to terms as ex-49er, Raider returns
- Why Nick Kwiatkoski loved Raiders' mentality as an opponent
- NBA rumors: Warriors likely draft Anthony Edwards at No. 1 if no trade
- How analytics show Jimmy Garoppolo as one of NFL's better starting QBs
- What A's Chad Pinder recalls watching Sean Manaea no-hitter from outfield
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|