Feb 3, 2014, 1:36 PM PST
Colin Kaepernick would prefer to be both a Super Bowl Champion and a fashion icon. Unfortunately, he’s one for two.
Here’s what GQ had to say about Kap’s style:
Colin Kaepernick’s got as much game in the style arena as he does on the football field. His proportional awareness, sneaker sensibility, and understanding of tonal play puts him in the elite class of well-dressed athletes. The NBA guys should watch out—the next crop of super stylish athletes look like they’re coming off the gridiron.
Apparently, the NBA trumps the NFL when it comes to fashion. Stephen Curry’s Grammy night kicks would agree, but Kap’s “tonal play” (did I really just type that?) is off the charts! Here he is looking like a cybernetic organism from the future at a recent Jaguar event:
Kap uses his fashion sense for good, though. The 49ers’ quarterback recently made the day of a pre-teen fashion designer by rocking his vest.
Before you get up in arms about the young quarterback’s fashion sense and dub it a distraction, just know this: Kaepernick surely knows that a Vince Lombardi Trophy goes with every outfit perfectly.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr uses Twitter to laugh at Warriors' season of adversity
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Brooks Koepka eager for run at historic PGA Championship three-peat
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Labanc benefits from big bounce vs. Panthers
- Brenden Dillon breaks down when asked about potential Sharks trade
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 5-3 matinee loss to Panthers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|