Feb 3, 2014, 1:36 PM PST
Colin Kaepernick would prefer to be both a Super Bowl Champion and a fashion icon. Unfortunately, he’s one for two.
Here’s what GQ had to say about Kap’s style:
Colin Kaepernick’s got as much game in the style arena as he does on the football field. His proportional awareness, sneaker sensibility, and understanding of tonal play puts him in the elite class of well-dressed athletes. The NBA guys should watch out—the next crop of super stylish athletes look like they’re coming off the gridiron.
Apparently, the NBA trumps the NFL when it comes to fashion. Stephen Curry’s Grammy night kicks would agree, but Kap’s “tonal play” (did I really just type that?) is off the charts! Here he is looking like a cybernetic organism from the future at a recent Jaguar event:
Kap uses his fashion sense for good, though. The 49ers’ quarterback recently made the day of a pre-teen fashion designer by rocking his vest.
Before you get up in arms about the young quarterback’s fashion sense and dub it a distraction, just know this: Kaepernick surely knows that a Vince Lombardi Trophy goes with every outfit perfectly.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Adam Jones explains Yoenis Cespedes' WWE title moment, challenges Josh Reddick to wrestling match
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss acrobatically finishes at the rim
- Kings' 3-point shooting on display in blowout win vs. Warriors
- Shot of the Game: Harrison Barnes' two-handed breakaway dunk
- Steve Kerr was impressed by Marquese Chriss in Warriors' loss to Kings
- Poor shooting from 3 dooms Warriors in home loss to Kings
- Kings' De'Aaron Fox battles through nagging injuries in win vs. Warriors
- Warriors takeaways: What we learned in 112-94 loss to red-hot Kings
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in satisfying 112-94 win vs. Warriors
- How Sean Hjelle impressed Farhan Zaidi in Giants spring training debut
- Mitch Richmond reflects on 'tear-jerking' Kobe Bryant memorial service
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|