Feb 5, 2014, 10:17 AM PST
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and his favorite charity “Camp Taylor” have teamed up for a new fundraising effort. A $30 donation to the camp gets you one of these Kaepernick t-shirts. Camp Taylor helps the families of kids with heart disease.
— Kaepernick’s predecessor, Alex Smith, once again competed as a member of the 49ers during the Chevron Shoot-Out at Pebble Beach. The shoot-out is an annual charity golf event in which members of the 49ers take on the Giants. The Giants won this round, and raised $30,000 for their community fund in the process.
— A day after a dud by the Sharks, the Golden State Warriors also fell flat on their faces on their own turf. It seems like the Warriors often play down to their competition. What say you, Warriors insider Monte Poole?
— Now, this is how you commit to Stanford. Solomon Thomas, by the way, is a five-star defensive end.
— DeMarcus Cousins called Mike Dunleavy Jr. a clown. The only things that would have made Dunleavy’s response better? A pie and some face paint.
Time for some links…
Field of Links:
— Things appear to be a mess in Sochi, but the Sharks say they are confident in the Olympic security.
— The best way to gear up for the Olympics: A family in Minnesota made a backyard luge track.
— The slopestyle course in Sochi is considered treacherous. See why.
— The only thing more dangerous than the slopestyle course in Sochi? The snow leopards.
— EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS NEWS: Police say a Santa Ana woman was killed for photobombing.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Recent NFL draft history suggests Raiders should be wary of first-round WRs
- One thing Steve Kerr, Warriors always looking for when building roster
- How Mike Fiers rewarded Jurickson Profar, Ramon Laureano for no-hitter
- Will Clark recalls historic debut against Nolan Ryan
- 49ers' George Kittle recalls meeting The Rock before Super Bowl LIV
- How Gabe Kapler, Giants coaches are getting work done during MLB hiatus
- Kings players provide meals to locals in need during coronavirus pandemic
- Tom Brady discusses 'partying' days at Serra High School in San Mateo
- What Brodie Brazil misses about sports during the coronavirus hiatus
- Tom Brady won't say he's better player than 49ers legend Joe Montana
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|