Feb 6, 2014, 10:31 AM PST
The Oakland Athletics will be moving their Spring Training operations to Mesa, Arizona next year. To commemorate their 33rd and final season at Phoenix Municipal Stadium, the A’s unveiled a new Spring Training logo.
While Phoenix Muni has a beautiful backdrop, the facilities are lacking. The team has to shuttle players back and forth from Papago Park — where their practice fields are located — on a daily basis.
The A’s and the city of Mesa are spending an estimated $20 million to renovate their new Spring Training home at Hohokam Stadium and Fitch Park. The venue will have new seating, an upgraded scoreboard, and upgraded facilities.
The logo will likely be used at Phoenix Muni, on team releases and Spring Training schedules, but not on the team uniforms.
The A’s will play their Cactus League game of the season on February 26, against the Giants in Scottsdale.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Glenn Robinson III explains most disappointing part of 76ers trade
- Giants excited to see Yolmer Sanchez's revamped swing, fun celebration
- Why Bob Melvin is confident Khris Davis will have a bounce-back season
- Mark Canha Q&A: A's slugger discusses favorite breakfast, grooming
- NFL Draft 2020: 49ers consider all options while preparing at combine
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady, Patriots appear very far apart in free agency
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan won't try to change George Kittle's physical play
- Bruce Bochy will have eyes on Giants minor leagues, praises Joey Bart
- How NBA attitude on cannabis has changed, stopped shy of full embrace
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit as season winds down
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|