Feb 6, 2014, 2:33 PM PST
Professional sports leagues and broadcast companies will leap at the opportunity to sponsor almost any aspect of the game. Fortunately, in most leagues, the team logo is sacred — even if the uniforms occasionally aren’t.
So, what would it look like if the National Football League sold out to corporate greed?
Enter Logo Remix, a website that mashes up NFL logos with corporate logos. They designed a new logo for each of the NFL’s 32 teams, and the results are fun and amusing — as long as they stay nothing more than a concept.
Here’s the Oakland Raiders logo mashed up with electronics manufacturer LG:
The Raiders design is pretty basic. You can pick out the company immediately. The 49ers logo was a bit harder to figure out.
Upon first glance, were you able to see the 7/11 theme? It’s not as obvious. There are some much crazier designs on the Logo Remix site. The Denver Broncos-Ford Mustang design and Washington Redskins-McDonalds mashup are two of the more interesting images on the site. Check out all 32 designs here.
[H/T: For the Win!]
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Raiders' Taiwan Jones is quietly having a standout season
- Case of the Mondays: SB48 fallout, Red Hot Chili Raiders, Jumbo's juke, and a 75-foot game-winner
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A's Mike Fiers looks to mentor A.J. Puk and Jesus Luzardo this season
- Steve Kerr says 'nothing is official' about Steph Curry's March 1 target
- NFL Draft 2020: Laviska Shenault compares self to 49ers' Deebo Samuel
- Kings coming together, earning puncher's chance at making NBA playoffs
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|