Feb 7, 2014, 10:31 AM PST
Remember the lone 49ers fan that braved the masses during the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory parade? Members of the 49ers Faithful have found him and are trying to raise money to send him to a game next year at Levi’s Stadium.
Their GoFundMe Page is called “Get Niner Waldo Kid to SF” and it has already earned $478 in donations. The fundraiser was started by a group called “Ladies of the Empire” and they are trying to raise $5,500 to fly his family out from Seattle and put them up in a nice hotel for the weekend of the selected game.
— Oakland Athletics fans also started a movement on Thursday night. So many fans tweeted to help advance Eric Sogard in MLB.com’s “Face of the MLB” competition, that “#EricSogard” was trending nationwide on Twitter. The bespectacled infielder advanced past Anthony Rizzo of the Chicago Cubs. Well done.
— The Olympic Rings malfunctioned during the Sochi Olympics opening ceremony.
Maybe it was the fault of the stray dog that was seen taking a walk inside the venue at the time. All of this might explain why @SochiProblems has more followers than the official Sochi Olympics Twitter handle. Time for some non-broken links…
Field of Links:
— Celebrities read your mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel.
— Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be in the barrel of a wave? Check out this epic surfing video.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Matt 'Megatoad' Stonie chugs 2 liters of soda without burping
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: Say Hey! Did you know Willie Mays smashed 17 homers in a single month?
- Field Of Links: No sugarcoating struggles of A's and Giants
- Champions League predictions: EPL teams with best Round of 16 chances
- Donald Trump grants full pardon for former 49ers owner Edward J. DeBartolo Jr.
- How Hunter Pence returned home to Giants after one season with Rangers
- Steve Kerr uses Twitter to laugh at Warriors' season of adversity
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Brooks Koepka eager for run at historic PGA Championship three-peat
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|