Feb 13, 2014, 11:10 AM PST
A piece of the disco ball at Oracle Arena fell and shattered during the game between the Golden State Warriors and Miami Heat. If something like this happened at the Oakland Coliseum, you’d never hear the end of it, but next door, it’s considered a mild safety concern.
Speaking of the Warriors and Heat, how entertaining would a seven-game series between those two teams be? They battled to the end on Wednesday night, but LeBron James got the last laugh with a buzzer-beating three pointer for the win. The Warriors, of course, beat the Heat in Miami last month. The Dubs are 31-22 heading into the All-Star break.
— Levi’s Stadium is expected to be louder than Candlestick Park, writes 49ers insider Matt Maiocco. Most of the noise will come from the lower bowl, which will be the largest in the league. Of the 68,500 seats, 45,000 will be located on the field level.
On second thought, maybe that should be left that in Canada.
— Spring Training is around the corner. Here are five A’s storylines to watch.
Field of Links:
— The New Orleans Pelicans mascot got a nose job… is still ugly.
— Did you hear that Derek Jeter is retiring? Never mind. You probably did.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kaepernick addresses the media in a different spot each week
- Details behind how 49ers fans pranked Seahawks' 12th Man
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- 2020 NBA mock draft 8.0: First-round draft pick predictions, analysis
- Logan Couture reflects on Sharks tough season and first year as captain
- Ex-Giants manager Dusty Baker reveals his challenge when MLB returns
- Harrison Barnes, Kings want chance to make NBA playoffs upon restart
- NBA rumors: Warriors using 'IQ tests' during Zoom draft interviews
- Joe Staley, 49ers give virtual graduation ceremony to class of 2020
- Lou Trivino gives his insight on minor league baseball situation
- Why 49ers might trade Dee Ford to make room for George Kittle extension
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo facing 'prove-it time,' ESPN analyst believes
- Steve Kerr believes Warriors' 73-win NBA record never will be broken
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|