Feb 13, 2014, 11:10 AM PST
A piece of the disco ball at Oracle Arena fell and shattered during the game between the Golden State Warriors and Miami Heat. If something like this happened at the Oakland Coliseum, you’d never hear the end of it, but next door, it’s considered a mild safety concern.
Speaking of the Warriors and Heat, how entertaining would a seven-game series between those two teams be? They battled to the end on Wednesday night, but LeBron James got the last laugh with a buzzer-beating three pointer for the win. The Warriors, of course, beat the Heat in Miami last month. The Dubs are 31-22 heading into the All-Star break.
— Levi’s Stadium is expected to be louder than Candlestick Park, writes 49ers insider Matt Maiocco. Most of the noise will come from the lower bowl, which will be the largest in the league. Of the 68,500 seats, 45,000 will be located on the field level.
On second thought, maybe that should be left that in Canada.
— Spring Training is around the corner. Here are five A’s storylines to watch.
Field of Links:
— The New Orleans Pelicans mascot got a nose job… is still ugly.
— Did you hear that Derek Jeter is retiring? Never mind. You probably did.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mike Ricci opens up about his first month as Sharks assistant coach
- 49ers-Packers odds, predictions: Betting lines, picks in NFL playoff game
- 49ers vs. Packers live stream: How to watch NFL playoff game online, on TV
- 49ers legends weigh in on current team at Letters to 87 event
- Kyle Shanahan describes how Dee Ford impacts entire 49ers defense
- Warriors assign Alen Smailagic to G League ahead of game vs. Magic
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream: How to watch AFC Championship online, on TV
- 49ers have no injuries heading into NFC Championship Game vs. Packers
- 49ers' Kyle Shanahan recalls Mike Pettine tiff, 'most nervous' play call
- Raiders' Derek Carr 'progressed at rapid rate' in 2019, Mike Mayock says
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|