Feb 18, 2014, 2:27 PM PST
It was a scene straight out of Slap Shot, but no one on the ice had the last name of Hanson. On Sunday, members of the Adirondack Phantoms and Portland Pirates of the AHL threw down for a solid three minutes.
The dangerous brawl drags on ridiculously long as the referees do very little to break it up. Even the goalies got involved. Equipment was strewn all over the ice.
The Phantoms are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers and appear to have the upper-hand most of the time. In case you’re wondering, the Pirates are affiliated with the Phoenix Coyotes.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Marcus Semien’s leadership invaluable as A’s embark on 2020 campaign
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl explains funny, simple reason why he wears No. 48
- Why A.J. Green trade doesn't make sense for 49ers unlike other big names
- Shaq gives outrageous breakdown of potential Lakers-Warriors matchup
- NBA opt-out tracker: Every player who declined to return for playoffs
- Jake Diekman says MLB coronavirus testing delays 'just can't happen'
- NBA Draft 2020: Watch Warriors' potential target Deni Avdija dominate
- Giants' Heliot Ramos could make MLB debut in 2020, Gabe Kapler says
- Mike D'Antoni pokes fun at Rockets' defense with social distancing joke
- Why Gabe Kapler isn't worried about Giants suspending camp Tuesday
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|