Feb 18, 2014, 2:27 PM PST
It was a scene straight out of Slap Shot, but no one on the ice had the last name of Hanson. On Sunday, members of the Adirondack Phantoms and Portland Pirates of the AHL threw down for a solid three minutes.
The dangerous brawl drags on ridiculously long as the referees do very little to break it up. Even the goalies got involved. Equipment was strewn all over the ice.
The Phantoms are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers and appear to have the upper-hand most of the time. In case you’re wondering, the Pirates are affiliated with the Phoenix Coyotes.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers' George Kittle recalls meeting The Rock before Super Bowl LIV
- How Gabe Kapler, Giants coaches are getting work done with MLB on hiatus
- Kings players provide meals to locals in need during coronavirus pandemic
- Tom Brady discusses 'partying' days at Serra High School in San Mateo
- What Brodie Brazil misses about sports during the coronavirus hiatus
- Tom Brady won't say he's better player than 49ers legend Joe Montana
- 2020 NFL Draft: How Ashtyn Davis went from walk-on to Cal star safety
- Zaza Pachulia still in awe of 2016-17 Warriors' unquestioned greatness
- Purple Talk: Bogdan Bogdanovic on NBA during coronavirus
- 49ers' George Kittle gets trash-talk lesson from WWE star Booker T
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|