Field of Links: Sogard surging in ‘Face of MLB’ contest, Sad Sochi Bear, Upton’s zero gravity photo shoot
Feb 19, 2014, 10:11 AM PST
Eric Sogard is on a collision course with Buster Posey in MLB Network’s Face of MLB competition. The improbable run of the Oakland Athletics’ second baseman has been fueled exclusively by the fan vote. They even had his name trending worldwide on Twitter at one point. A’s fans are a creative and loyal bunch, and they are doing their best to collectively thumb their nose at Major League Baseball.
Sure, A’s fans legitimately love their bespectacled infielder, but even he’d be the first to tell you that he’s not the face of his own team, let alone the MLB. Sogard advanced past Anthony Rizzo of the Cubs and crushed Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies in the second round. It will be interesting to see what happens when rival fan bases go head-to-head in the quarterfinals, as Sogard will be facing Posey.
— There’s no question that Stephen Curry is the face of the Warriors, but Andrew Bogut’s shoulder could derail their season.
— It’s a good year for the San Francisco 49ers to have a stockpile of draft picks, writes insider Matt Maiocco. He’ll be scouting the talent at the NFL Combine starting this Thursday.
Time to tag the web with some links…
Field of Links:
No one took Russia’s loss harder than the Sochi Bear, though.
— Rays pitcher Alex Cobb proposed to his girlfriend with the help of a dolphin. Pretty good, right? Well, Blue Jays pitcher Casey Janssen just upped the anti:
— JOB OPPORTUNITY! There’s a clown shortage in America.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- 49ers' George Kittle voted top NFL tight end over Chiefs' Travis Kelce
- Raiders Talk: Sports Uncovered preview on Barret Robbins
- Marcus Semien embraces leadership role to keep A's safe amid pandemic
- Sharks' Tomas Hertl explains funny, simple reason why he wears No. 48
- Why A.J. Green trade doesn't make sense for 49ers unlike other big names
- Shaq gives outrageous breakdown of potential Lakers-Warriors matchup
- NBA opt-out tracker: Every player who declined to return for playoffs
- Jake Diekman says MLB coronavirus testing delays 'just can't happen'
- NBA Draft 2020: Watch Warriors' potential target Deni Avdija dominate
- Giants' Heliot Ramos could make MLB debut in 2020, Gabe Kapler says
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|