Feb 24, 2014, 1:32 PM PST
The Oakland Raiders are in the Dogghouse. While visiting the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Snoop
Lion Dogg spoke with Bleacher Report and he didn’t pull any punches when talking about the Raiders.
“Oakland, I don’t know. I hate to say it, but that’s where you go when it’s over with,” Snoop said. “That’s like a retirement home for football players.”
Gin and Juice Changing the stigma. He thinks the Raiders need a new home or venue, and he wasn’t shy about bringing up Los Angeles as an option.
While the legendary rapper is all for flipping the script, he doesn’t think the Raiders need to make a change at quarterback.
“I like Pryor. I wouldn’t get a quarterback,” said the D-O-double-G. “They need to figure out weapons on offense or defense.”
It’s hard to take a rapper’s comments on a professional football franchise too seriously, especially when he’s famous for partaking in certain herbal remedies, but he knows his football. He recently signed on to be the Director of Football Development for ADIDAS, so, you know he’s not just blowing smoke.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Labanc benefits from big bounce vs. Panthers
- Brenden Dillon breaks down when asked about potential Sharks trade
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 5-3 matinee loss to Panthers
- Why Marquise Goodwin, 49ers parting ways this offseason makes sense
- Logan Couture 'definitely proud' of how Sharks have played in his absence
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|