Feb 24, 2014, 1:32 PM PST
The Oakland Raiders are in the Dogghouse. While visiting the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Snoop
Lion Dogg spoke with Bleacher Report and he didn’t pull any punches when talking about the Raiders.
“Oakland, I don’t know. I hate to say it, but that’s where you go when it’s over with,” Snoop said. “That’s like a retirement home for football players.”
Gin and Juice Changing the stigma. He thinks the Raiders need a new home or venue, and he wasn’t shy about bringing up Los Angeles as an option.
While the legendary rapper is all for flipping the script, he doesn’t think the Raiders need to make a change at quarterback.
“I like Pryor. I wouldn’t get a quarterback,” said the D-O-double-G. “They need to figure out weapons on offense or defense.”
It’s hard to take a rapper’s comments on a professional football franchise too seriously, especially when he’s famous for partaking in certain herbal remedies, but he knows his football. He recently signed on to be the Director of Football Development for ADIDAS, so, you know he’s not just blowing smoke.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks' injured stars expected to make full recovery by training camp
- A's legend Dave Stewart describes coronavirus scare, testing process
- Source: Eli Apple, Raiders don't finalize contract in free agency
- 2020 NFL Draft: Why 49ers should trade down both first-round picks
- Warriors' Rick Welts only has one box score framed in his office
- Zac Efron reveals epic Dusty Baker autograph story as young Giants fan
- Dave Stewart discusses his coronavirus scare, future of MLB season
- Giants release several veterans, including lefty reliever Jerry Blevins
- Source: Jordan Devey returning to Raiders, joining crowded guard group
- Giants GM Scott Harris explains how he envisions outfield this season
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|