Feb 25, 2014, 9:49 AM PST
The world hasn’t seen an upset victory this significant since Lamba Lambda Lambda defeated Alpha Beta. Oakland Athletics fans have pulled off what seemed like an impossible feat. They managed to vote Eric Sogard into the final four of the “Face of MLB” competition, and they defeated San Francisco Giants fans and Buster Posey in the process. It really wasn’t even close.
A’s fans played Twitter as brilliantly as Arnold Poindexter on the violin.
They got the voting started early and sustained it throughout the night in order to win by a 10 percent margin. Next, Sogard faces Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista, public enemy No. 1 of the right field bleachers, with a trip to the finals on the line.
— You probably saw Warriors forward Klay Thompson posterize Kyle Singler en route to a 104-96 win over the Pistons. But you haven’t really seen it until you hear legendary WWE announcer Jim Ross call it.
— Twerkamania came to Oracle Arena on Monday night. Miley Cyrus was in town for her “Bangerz” tour (yeah, it’s really calld that), and she was welcomed to the East Bay with her own Golden State Warriors jersey.
Too bad it’s waaaaay too big. If they had seen Cyrus’ performance in the “23” music video, they’d know that she only wears infant sized jerseys. WARNING: The song has foul language and is infectiously catchy.
— Cyrus also donned a Raiders lid when she met Raiders running back Latavius Murray, and he couldn’t have looked more thrilled.
Field of Links:
— MMMM BACON: The Iron Pigs will be wearing bacon uniforms!!!
— SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST: A True Detective parody starring cats!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr uses Twitter to laugh at Warriors' season of adversity
- NBA power rankings: Where all 30 teams sit after amazing All-Star Game
- Brooks Koepka eager for run at historic PGA Championship three-peat
- Giants say they won't include Aubrey Huff in 2010 World Series reunion
- Sharks' third-period comeback falls short in loss to struggling Panthers
- Brooks Koepka's quest for PGA history heads to 'big boy' Harding Park
- Manchester United keep controversial clean sheet in win vs. Chelsea
- Shot of the Game: Kevin Labanc benefits from big bounce vs. Panthers
- Brenden Dillon breaks down when asked about potential Sharks trade
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 5-3 matinee loss to Panthers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|