Feb 25, 2014, 9:49 AM PST
The world hasn’t seen an upset victory this significant since Lamba Lambda Lambda defeated Alpha Beta. Oakland Athletics fans have pulled off what seemed like an impossible feat. They managed to vote Eric Sogard into the final four of the “Face of MLB” competition, and they defeated San Francisco Giants fans and Buster Posey in the process. It really wasn’t even close.
A’s fans played Twitter as brilliantly as Arnold Poindexter on the violin.
They got the voting started early and sustained it throughout the night in order to win by a 10 percent margin. Next, Sogard faces Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista, public enemy No. 1 of the right field bleachers, with a trip to the finals on the line.
— You probably saw Warriors forward Klay Thompson posterize Kyle Singler en route to a 104-96 win over the Pistons. But you haven’t really seen it until you hear legendary WWE announcer Jim Ross call it.
— Twerkamania came to Oracle Arena on Monday night. Miley Cyrus was in town for her “Bangerz” tour (yeah, it’s really calld that), and she was welcomed to the East Bay with her own Golden State Warriors jersey.
Too bad it’s waaaaay too big. If they had seen Cyrus’ performance in the “23” music video, they’d know that she only wears infant sized jerseys. WARNING: The song has foul language and is infectiously catchy.
— Cyrus also donned a Raiders lid when she met Raiders running back Latavius Murray, and he couldn’t have looked more thrilled.
Field of Links:
— MMMM BACON: The Iron Pigs will be wearing bacon uniforms!!!
— SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST: A True Detective parody starring cats!
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- George Kittle should not show up without new contract, says Donte Whitner
- NFL rumors: Tom Brady 'identified' Raiders as team he could win with
- Recent NFL draft history suggests Raiders should be wary of first-round WRs
- 2020 NFL Draft profile: CeeDee Lamb could fill Emmanuel Sanders' 49ers role
- Will Clark shares funny story about homer in MLB debut off Nolan Ryan
- One thing Steve Kerr, Warriors always looking for when building roster
- 49ers' Fred Warner using Super Bowl loss as offseason training motivation
- How Mike Fiers rewarded Jurickson Profar, Ramon Laureano for no-hitter
- Will Clark recalls historic debut against Nolan Ryan
- 49ers' George Kittle recalls meeting The Rock before Super Bowl LIV
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|