Feb 26, 2014, 9:46 AM PST
Conspiracy theory alert: The Oakland Athletics have removed “Oakland” from their web domain. The new streamlined Athletics.com is easier to type and more convenient for web surfers that don’t have an autofill browser, but there will be people out there that make this about the team’s efforts to move out of Oakland. The tinfoil hat-wearing public could note the change is better for branding, since it now matches their “@Athletics” Twitter and Instagram accounts.
— You’ve probably noticed that your Twitter timeline is being hijacked by Eric Sogard fans again. Sogard is facing Jose Bautista in the semifinals of the “Face of MLB” competition. The bespectacled, likable, underdog infielder has a legitimate chance to make it to the finals against David Wright. You may as well jump on board and help completely undermine MLB’s online efforts. Why not? Besides, look at this face:
— Discrimination doesn’t pay. Arizona could lose the Super Bowl if it passes an anti-gay law.
Time to run through some links!
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- What Steph Curry's protest appearance meant to Juan Toscano-Anderson
- NBA draft rumors: Top prospect Anthony Edwards, Warriors yet to meet
- NBA rumors: Kevin Durant will not return for remainder of Nets' season
- Race in America: Warriors' Steve Kerr has 'great faith' in young generation
- Why Warriors could benefit from unique 2019-20 NBA season calendar
- Why Steve Kerr believes NBA will allow Warriors to hold 'minicamp'
- NBA restart: Winners, losers from league's 22-team return-to-play plan
- What if A's hadn't traded Yoenis Cespedes for Jon Lester back in 2014?
- Warriors, LeBron James headline winners from NBA's restart plan
- 49ers' George Kittle reveals which NFL players are toughest to block
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|