Mar 5, 2014, 3:54 PM PST
Oakland has ports. Portland has oaks. The two cities share some similarities, but they can’t share the Raiders.
That’s where a recent online petition comes into play. Over 1,600 people have signed a letter asking the Governor of Oregon to help move an NFL team to Portland.
The Raiders aren’t specifically mentioned in the petition, but seem to be the focal point of the NFL to Portland website. Here’s their sales pitch:
Portland is the nation’s largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations.
They seem to be targeting the Raiders because they are the last NFL team that shares a stadium. While the story is generating some headlines, it currently lacks any serious substance.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Crick and Russell lead cast of Giants and A's competing in the Arizona Fall League
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Field of Links: SI Swimsuit Issue has swimsuit issues, Giants to use metal detectors
- A's-Tigers ALDS Game 3 recapped through GIFs and your emotional tweets
- Check out new pictures of Oracle Park's bullpen construction
- NFL rumors: Raiders considering moving 2020 training camp to Nevada
- Stephen Jackson emotional over friend George Floyd's death in police custody
- 49ers should benefit from Rams' poor choices, Jalen Ramsey extension
- How Warriors' finances might impact their 2020 first-round draft pick
- Runnin' Plays Podcast: How should Warriors approach 2020 NBA Draft?
- Oakland A's to stop paying minor leaguers' $400 weekly stipend in June
- NHL draft lottery: How Sharks will be impacted by league's new setup
- Gareth Bale uses Steph Curry golf story to defend his playing of sport
- Giants veterans would be greatly impacted by MLB's proposal to players
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|