Mar 6, 2014, 12:54 PM PST
Freaky Friday came a day early for San Francisco Giants pitchers Tim Lincecum and Kameron Loe, who hopefully only swapped uniforms, rather than bodies like in the movie.
Check out this awesome photo, snapped by Giants insider Andrew Baggarly, of Lincecum (5-11, 170) and Loe (6-8, 260):
Baggarly also has a detailed account of why all of this took place over on CSNBayArea.com. Loe found Baggs’ images and even tweeted them himself:
Reporters aren’t allowed to take photos in the clubhouse, but players can break that rule with little risk of penalty. As a result, Giants right fielder Hunter Pence got what might have been the best picture of the day.
Spring Training is way too long and often boring. It’s especially tedious for starting pitchers, because they have extended periods of time between side sessions and starts. Perhaps that explains the uniform swap better than some form of strange magic.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- How Madison Bumgarner pitched for D-backs in first spring training game
- NFL Draft 2020: Chase Young motivated by former teammate Nick Bosa
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders could find late-round steal in Harrison Hand
- How Sean Manaea used Asia trip to move on from A's wild-card game loss
- Giants' Sean Hjelle, Trey McNutt among unique spring training names
- Henry Ruggs, Chase Claypool among combine stars Raiders should target
- Henry Ruggs, who ran 4.27 40-yard dash, met with 49ers during combine
- A's shut down outfielder Stephen Piscotty with intercostal strain
- George Kittle's agent 'very patient' in 49ers contract negotiations
- What Sharks still can accomplish as unfortunate season comes to close
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|