Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered what the deal is with that weird pink backpack that A’s reliever Sean Doolittle carries to the bullpen? Or what exactly is inside it? Read more for the answer.
Jun 27, 2013, 11:44 AM PDT
In this edition of Throwback Thursday, find out why Barry Bonds becoming the charter member of the 500/500 club was special for reasons beyond the box score.
Jun 25, 2013, 5:46 PM PDT
Have you ever wondered where those elaborate paintings in left field at the Oakland Coliseum come from? We found the artist.
Jun 24, 2013, 5:20 PM PDT
There’s always a lot going on during the weekend. If you weren’t lucky enough to spend the past two days on the couch, you can catch up on the top five sports items you may have missed here.
Jun 19, 2013, 5:37 PM PDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, and on this week in 1972, the Oakland Athletics Mustache Gang was officially born. Find out what actually led to the A’s trademark facial fuzz.
Jun 17, 2013, 12:02 PM PDT
Welcome to what we’re calling ‘A case of the Mondays.’ Here you can catch up on the top five things you may have missed while you were doing more important stuff over the course of the weekend.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:45 AM PDT
Betcha’ didn’t know that MLB’s all-time saves leader also doubles as a pizza delivery man. Find out why Mariano Rivera surprised an A’s team employee with a meal.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:40 AM PDT
The Oakland Athletics have replaced the Bernie Lean with the Home run Tunnel. We betcha’ don’t know how it actually started… because even the A’s players themselves didn’t know. Click to solve the mystery.
May 31, 2013, 1:37 PM PDT
Barry Zito faced off against A.J. Griffin on Thursday. Afterward, they discussed their similarities and differences. For some reason, however, they both fixated hairstyles.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Field of Links: Waking up with the Warriors, Sonny Gray surprises doctors
- 49ers and WWE officially announce Wrestlemania in Santa Clara
- 2020 NBA mock draft 13.0: First-round draft pick predictions, analysis
- MLB rumors: Astros coach insulted Ramon Laureano's mom to spark brawl
- Raiders could turn to rookie Javin White to fill need to linebacker
- Luke Walton feels Kings must learn from pain of missing NBA playoffs again
- Collin Morikawa's PGA Championship win completes meteoric rise to stardom
- Dustin Garneau explains tackling Ramón Laureano during A's-Astros brawl
- Kings lose to Rockets after being eliminated from NBA playoff contention
- Brooks Koepka given dose of reality while folding at PGA Championship
- Doug Christie gets excited during Kings-Rockets game in NBA bubble
- Suns troll Warriors' Draymond Green over $50K fine for Booker remarks
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|