American League Division Series
Oct 10, 2013, 10:20 AM PDT
The Oakland Athletics are investing in their future by choosing Sonny Gray for Game 5 of the American League Division Series against the Detroit Tigers. Could that decision cost them a chance at making history? Bartolo Colon was an 18-game winner this season. His 2.65 ERA was second-lowest in the American League this year. At…
Oct 3, 2013, 4:34 PM PDT
So, your team didn’t make the Major League Baseball playoffs. What a bummer. It doesn’t mean you have to pack away your love for the game and start watching football. Here are ten reasons (in no particular order) to root for the Oakland Athletics in the postseason. 1. They are eternal underdogs: The A’s have won…
Oct 1, 2013, 9:04 AM PDT
The Texas Rangers have completed their most recent collapse. This time it came in the 163rd game of the season at the hands of the Tampa Bay Rays. They will fall short of the playoffs after leading the American League West by as many as seven games in May, and entering the final month of the…
Sep 24, 2013, 2:01 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics clinched a playoff berth on Sunday and have been to the postseason six times since the year 2000. In those previous six trips to the playoffs, the A’s have only won one series. Many observers will point toward the A’s lack of postseason success and blame youth and inexperience, but aside from…
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Could Joe Thornton leave Sharks for Maple Leafs in NHL free agency?
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Kings continue postseason push, move to within four games of Grizzlies
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
- Watch ex-Shark Patrick Marleau get ready for Penguins debut vs. Kings
- Lakers' LeBron James won't play Thursday vs. Warriors at Chase Center
- Jeff Samardzija laughs at Yankees trade rumors after Luis Severino injury
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|