Dec 12, 2013, 9:24 AM PST
The 2013 Winter Meetings didn’t disappoint. In total, four players were officially signed, with several other players reportedly agreeing to deals, six trades were completed, and a total of 15 players switched teams over a three-day span. Even though things are wrapping up on Thursday, Major League Baseball’s hot stove is still burning. The aforementioned…
Dec 11, 2013, 4:40 PM PST
When the Oakland Athletics pulled the trigger on a trade sending left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins to the Washington Nationals, they effectively traded away their longest tenured player, their player’s union representative, and one of their best tweeters. Here’s the proof: I needed to update my avi without notice. I think it was a seamless transition.…
Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM PDT
It looks like Oakland Athletics reliever Jerry Blevins can now add car shopping to his offseason to-do list. On Monday, Blevins’ Cadillac was destroyed when the truck that was transporting the vehicle was clipped by a commuter train. Two passengers on the train suffered minor injuries. The accident happened in Bartlett, Illinois and was documented…
Oct 3, 2013, 2:09 PM PDT
People tend to take technology for granted. It’s can be easy to overlook the basic luxuries we are afforded in our daily lives until they are taken away. At the Oakland Coliseum, there was one specific luxury that was frequently ripped from the grasps of people that needed it — the internet. The signal would…
Sep 18, 2013, 9:02 AM PDT
The sewage at the Oakland Coliseum is sort of like the White Walkers in Game of Thrones. Repulsive, deadly, and resurfacing only at convenient moments to drive the storyline.
On Tuesday, the Oakland Athletics defeated the Angels 2-1 in walk-off fashion to drop their magic number to six. They did so while avoiding certain areas of the dugout after sewage bubbled up through the drains.
Aug 20, 2013, 9:55 AM PDT
Oakland Athletics fans were left terribly confused after salivating for a sweet treat that would never arrive. On Monday, the A’s did defeat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in walk-off fashion when Brandon Moss clubbed a home run to centerfield, but the customary pie celebration never occurred. It has become a Pavlovian response for A’s fans…
Aug 2, 2013, 7:06 PM PDT
“They are so ugly, but they are so awesome. Awesomely ugly.” Ever wonder how Zubaz became the newest trend in the A’s clubhouse?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Kings continue postseason push, move to within four games of Grizzlies
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
- Watch ex-Shark Patrick Marleau get ready for Penguins debut vs. Kings
- Lakers' LeBron James won't play Thursday vs. Warriors at Chase Center
- Jeff Samardzija laughs at Yankees trade rumors after Luis Severino injury
- Warriors' Steve Kerr casts doubt on Steph Curry's March 1 return date
- NFL rumors: 49ers' DeForest Buckner rejected contract extension last offseason
- Raiders Talk Podcast: Offseason Outlook (Tom Brady?!)
- NFL rumors: Raiders could be free-agent option for QB Philip Rivers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|