Dec 27, 2013, 10:44 AM PST
It feels like just yesterday we were documenting Jose Canseco’s fainting goat adventure. The eccentric former Oakland Athletics slugger purchased goats, put diapers on them, and placed them in the car only to be pulled over by the police. After being let off with a warning and a certain chuckle, Canseco took the goats home.…
Dec 17, 2013, 7:45 AM PST
Tis the season for corny holiday videos. Many teams do them each year, but not as well as the San Jose Sharks. The latest Sharks Sports and Entertainment Holiday Card is the gift that keeps on giving. No, seriously, it’s over six minutes long and features several extra clips like the one featuring Patrick Marleau…
Nov 20, 2013, 4:45 PM PST
G.O.A.T. is often used as an acronym for “greatest of all time.” This would not be one of those cases. Well, maybe it is. Who knows? On Tuesday, former Oakland Athletics outfielder and current social media sideshow, Jose Canseco, officially began his “fainting goat adventure documentary(!!??).” Check out our utube channel for our upcoming fainting…
Oct 21, 2013, 3:43 PM PDT
On Monday, Jim Leyland announced that he stepping down as Detroit Tigers manager. Seeing a job opening, Jose Canseco threw his name in the hat by sending multiple tweets to the Tigers. Lets take a trip through the mind of Jose Canseco as he lobbies for a new job. Hello Detroit @tigers it is Cansecotime! #motorcityseco…
Sep 26, 2013, 4:03 PM PDT
The 40/40 club could be the most exclusive group in Major League Baseball. Only four players have managed to hit 40 home runs and steal 40 bases in a single season. Two of those athletes did it while playing in the Bay Area. On this week in sports history, Jose Canseco and Barry Bonds both…
Sep 19, 2013, 2:01 PM PDT
In this edition of Throwback Thursday: “The Say Hey Kid” says goodbye after 22 seasons in Major League Baseball. Also, see why Jason Giambi made A’s history this week, and why this is a special time for the 49ers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Inside Giants' 2012 World Series sweep of Tigers from reporter’s view
- Warriors' Juan Toscano-Anderson looks forward to guarding James Harden
- A's minor league coach Webster Garrison tests positive for coronavirus
- Seven candidates for Warriors' massive Andre Iguodala trade exception
- Coronavirus: Fourth NHL player tests positive, Sharks connected to all
- Juan Toscano-Anderson reveals his Warriors all-time starting five
- Seven players Warriors could add on Andre Iguodala trade exception
- Mo Speights claims he almost beat Klay Thompson in shooting contest
- How do Raiders match up with Chiefs after free agency moves?
- Warriors' Steve Kerr reveals 'most fun' part of coaching last-place team
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|