Field of Links: Shutdown over: Hello Hitner? NBA considering changing game times to cater to overseas audience
Oct 17, 2013, 10:23 AM PDT
The government shutdown was difficult for many people. For one Bay Area athlete, it could have been a minor inconvenience. The effects of the shutdown wouldn’t have completely derailed 49ers safety Donte Whitner’s efforts to change his last name to “Hitner,” but it would have prevented him from getting a new Social Security card. Now, there…
Oct 8, 2013, 9:54 AM PDT
A verbal confrontation, a walk-off home run into a fish tank, one severely damaged high definition camera, and an incredible performance from a 21-year-old rookie highlight one of the craziest days in postseason history. PLUS – The best links, clicks, pics and GIFs of the day.
Aug 12, 2013, 9:01 AM PDT
Here are the top 5 things you may have missed this weekend.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders discussing fan options at Allegiant as 2020 NFL season nears
- MLB opt-out tracker: Every player who has declined to play 2020 season
- Jake Diekman's wife appreciates Bob Melvin's message to A's players
- Kings assistant Igor Kokoskov announced as Fenerbahçe Beko head coach
- Warriors bizarrely only NBA team with no pending 2020 free agents
- NFLPA votes to recommend no preseason games for 49ers, 31 other teams
- Giants have 'golden opportunity' in 2020 season, Mike Krukow believes
- Gabe Kapler, Giants will support Buster Posey if he opts out of season
- Chelsea bounce back, stay fourth with 3-0 thrashing of hapless Watford
- 49ers' Kendrick Bourne 'likes' tweet about David Njoku trade rumors
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|