Sep 25, 2013, 9:58 AM PDT
After six months on the road pedaling more than 10,000 miles, making 29 stops at Major League ballparks, and raising over $140,000 for the hearing impaired, Jacob Landis was struck by a Freightliner truck just four miles from his final stop. Landis, 24, suffered a severe concussion, broken nose, two small fractures on each cheekbone,…
Jul 10, 2013, 1:15 PM PDT
Jacob Landis lost his hearing before the age of 10. After a Cochlear Implant gave him the gift of sound again, he decided to ride his bike across the country to all 30 MLB stadiums to raise money to help others have the same operation. Find out why his stop at AT&T Park became extra special.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Kaepernick vs. Wilson -- loser shaves an eyebrow
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Raiders cornerback Taiwan Jones wins $200 bet by jumping over a car
- Joe Lacob acknowledges Warriors could trade down in 2020 NBA Draft
- Former Giant Randy Winn recalls what it was like to be red-hot for whole month
- Giants fans vote 'Champ' Tim Lincecum as best version of former ace
- Security guard for Draymond Green, DeMarcus Cousins dies from coronavirus
- NFL Draft 2020: Raiders in solid salary-cap standing heading into event
- A's A.J. Puk shares positive health update after shoulder setback
- Why Steve Kerr trash-talked Alvin Gentry after Warriors won 2015 title
- NFL Draft 2020: Why 49ers could trade up to No. 5 for Jeffrey Okudah
- Chicago Bulls get new life with Arturas Karnisovas hire
- What 49ers' Mike McGlinchey said about Joe Staley's future in NFL
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|