New York Yankees
Nov 18, 2013, 5:23 PM PST
Tim Hudson spent the first six seasons of his big league career in the Bay Area with the Oakland Athletics. He will be back for a couple more after agreeing to sign a two-year deal with the San Francisco Giants. Hudson, 38, is a three-time All-Star with 205 wins and a career 3.44 ERA. He won…
Nov 13, 2013, 1:30 PM PST
You can immediately cross free agent reliever Brian Wilson off the New York Yankees’ offseason shopping list. The Yankees have a strict policy against facial hair and Wilson, well, he’s so grizzly at this point that even his trusty Sasquatch friend is jealous. Check out this tweet from Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily…
Oct 10, 2013, 4:34 PM PDT
The Oakland Athletics have found good fortune on this day in history. As they get set to take on the Detroit Tigers in a win-or-go-home Game 5, here’s a brief history lesson. Oct. 10, 1990: The A’s swept the Boston Red Sox in the American League Championship Series. Dave Stewart started the game and only…
Sep 26, 2013, 9:24 AM PDT
There’s no better way to gauge a player’s popularity than jersey sales. Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association released the latest list of top-sellers, and for the first time in a while, an A’s player and a Giants player are in the top 10. Buster Posey, the reigning National League MVP, is fifth…
Aug 5, 2013, 10:27 AM PDT
Major League Baseball has suspended several players for their involvement with the Biogenesis anti-aging clinic. Here’s the list of players that violated MLB’s performance-enhancing drug policy, and some interesting facts regarding those suspensions.
Aug 1, 2013, 9:41 AM PDT
Why a lifetime ban for A-Rod would be bad for baseball and great for the Yankees. Plus, an insane glove flip, how Brian Wilson is already embracing LA, and find out what happened when some guy jumped off a tall platform in a Superman cape.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- UPDATE: Brent Burns' golf course skull discovery identified
- Steph Curry left off Chris Paul's description of ultimate point guard
- Bruce Bochy explains new role with Giants, says Joey Bart is 'real deal'
- Brandon Crawford's family golf tournament continues the fight against ALS
- Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl loss with 49ers lingers more than Falcons'
- Kings continue postseason push, move to within four games of Grizzlies
- Warriors brought in Klay Thompson's friend 'off the street' to scrimmage
- Watch ex-Shark Patrick Marleau get ready for Penguins debut vs. Kings
- Lakers' LeBron James won't play Thursday vs. Warriors at Chase Center
- Jeff Samardzija laughs at Yankees trade rumors after Luis Severino injury
- Warriors' Steve Kerr casts doubt on Steph Curry's March 1 return date
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|