Dec 3, 2013, 2:26 PM PST
Baseball players have some intimidating nicknames. There’s Mariano “The Sandman” Rivera, Albert “The Machine” Pujols, Grant Balfour “Rage,” “Big Papi” David Ortiz, “King” Felix Hernandez, and Craig “Kitten Face” Gentry. Wait… Kitten Face? Gentry, who was acquired by the Oakland Athletics from the Texas Rangers on Tuesday, easily has one of the strangest nicknames ever.…
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Snoop Dogg: 'Raiders are like a retirement home for football players'
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- Vernon Davis and the 5 best football hurdles of 2013
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings show playoff dreams are premature with blown opportunity in OKC
- Sharks' Mario Ferraro is bright spot at center of franchise's future
- Steve Kerr's frustrations boil over after Warriors' loss to Lakers
- Warriors blown out by Lakers thanks to extremely sloppy second half
- Warriors experience full night of horrors in lopsided loss to Lakers
- Warriors officially keep 2020 first-round pick after loss to Lakers
- Warriors' Steve Kerr admits losing is 'not fun' amid lottery-bound season
- Warriors' Ky Bowman to get MRI on ankle, will be out a 'little bit'
- Raiders inform NFL draft prospect of parking-ticket history at combine
- Sharks erase two-goal deficit, come back to beat Devils and snap skid
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|